Friday, February 18, 2011

Life goes on





By Haresh Deol
National coach Tey Seu Bock rested his chin on the handle of a mop as he watched Lee Chong Wei go through his paces.

Seu Bock would occasionally mop the floor and exchange notes with the world No 1.
There was laughter and fun at the Juara Stadium as the Penangite pushed his sparring partners to all four corners of the court.

Seu Bock sported a smile but continued to keep close tabs on the shuttlers.It seems that life goes on even without Misbun Sidek.

Chong Wei's long-time coach Misbun quit the national stable on Dec 31. Chong Wei said he would follow suit if nothing was done to coax Misbun to stay on.

However, it now seems Chong Wei may stay with the BA of Malaysia (BAM).

When asked of his immediate plans and about Misbun's fate, Chong Wei just shrugged his shoulders.

Pressed further, Chong Wei gathered his thoughts before answering: "I have to cari makan lah, bro. I'm fine with Sue Bock and things are more stable in BAM. It's best for me to stay (in BAM) for now.

"But I still need Misbun to maintain my position as world No 1. I don't know what's happening at the moment (between Misbun and BAM) but I hope all will be well soon."

Chong Wei is gearing up for the All-England championships on March 8-13 at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.

The soft-spoken Seu Bock did not want to be drawn into the episode.

"I'm comfortable now but I do call Misbun regularly to update him on Chong Wei's progress. There are two major titles at stake (All-England and World Championship) but I guess the priority is winning the world title.
"He wasn't able to play well in Paris (last year's World Championship) but we hope it will be different this time around," he added.

Courtesy of Malay Mail Online

1 comment:

  1. Aku suka cara penulisan mamat Haresh Doel nie. Memang menarik!

    ReplyDelete