Friday, November 30, 2012

Steely Wei Feng sets sights on breaking into top 10

He may appear tad shy, but there is a glint of steely determination in the eyes of the 25-year-old Chong Wei Feng.
The Kedah-born shuttler’s commitment and dedication has seen him reach the semi-finals of the China Open (November) and Taiwan Open (October).
And the world No. 21 is impressed with his overall performance this year, especially since he has met his two objectives.
“One of my main targets was to be in the top 30 in the world rankings ... I’m now at No. 21,” said Wei Feng.
“I reached my first semi-finals in China ... that’s a pleasant thing for me.”
However, he is still reeling from the semi-final loss to Chen Long in the China Open.
“Unfortunately, I got off to a slow start and he (Chen Long) possessed the physical strength to control the game,” said Wei Feng.
“You have to be fast all the time when you face someone like him if you want to control the game.”
But that’s over and done with. Wei Feng has now set himself two main targets for next year.
“I intend to break into the top 10 and qualify for the World Cham­pion­ships next year,” he said.
Courtesy of The Star

No comments:

Post a Comment