Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ready and willing

PARK Joo Bong is up to the challenge of securing Malaysia's first Olympic gold and it is now up to the B A of Malaysia to decide whether it wants the Korean as the national project manager.
BAM is in the market for a supremo who will manage its 2016, 2020 and 2024 projects and although the national body has said it prefers a local, Joo Bong is ready and willing.
The 1992 Barcelona Olympics gold medalist is particularly excited about BAM's stand that the supremo will have full authority and also clear guidelines.
"As a coach, I want to see my players win an Olympic gold and I have been told BAM has thrown that challenge to the new project manager or coaching director it is going to select. It is a challenge I can accept with accountability," said Joo Bong, who already has had a stint in Malaysia between 2000-2003.
"I spoke to David Wee who was here during the Japan Open and all I can say is that I am interested if there is an official approach from BAM.
"I have also been told that the job comes with full authority and BAM will give a free hand to the manager and that will be be very important in implementing a programme that will lead to securing an Olympic gold."
BAM executive committee member Wee said Joo Bong was genuinely interested in the position but it was up to the association's coaching and training committee to make a decision on whether to hire the Korean.
Courtesy of New Straits Times

No comments:

Post a Comment