Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New national champion Ramdan eyeing more glory

Winning the National Grand Prix Finals title on Sunday was more of a 2013 season opener for back-up singles shuttler Misbun Ramdan Misbun rather than a perfect ending for 2012.
The 21-year-old son of former badminton star Datuk Misbun Sidek landed the national title after beating Chong Wei Feng 13-21, 21-18, 21-18 at the Kedah BA Hall on Sunday.
“There are so many things that I would like to do in 2013. Of course, I want to compete in more Super Series events and improve my ranking. So this is a good start for me,” said Ramdan.
Ramdan grabbed his first local win in 2012 when he bagged the Pahang Open title in October. And if he keeps on producing decent results, he is defintely on the upward trajectory to success.
However, Ramdan, will have to work on his maturity before he becomes a complete player.
“I tend to be hasty on court. That is the biggest mistake that I usually make while playing. I want to kill off my opponents too fast and that has left me vulnerable to attacks from my opponents.
“And being hasty means I make mistakes. I need to learn to be more patient,” he said.
Ramdan said this weakness has led to several losses to juniors during training sessions.
“I thought they were easy meat for me but they beat me because I’m not patient enough. I am still learning to be a better player. I know time is on my side and I want to improve,” said Ramdan, who will play in the qualifying tournament of the Malaysian Open scheduled for Jan 15-20 at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
Courtesy of The Star

No comments:

Post a Comment